Sunday, March 15, 2009

Um, apparently you're gonna call ... them?

So this afternoon I took the girls and their scooters over to the massive parking lot around my school to scoot around the asphalt and sidewalks. And when I say massive I mean it -- the building we're in used to house hundreds of employees and now we're the only tenants in the whole place. (Crammed into part of one floor, I might add, but I digress.)

Anyhow, about 45 minutes after we had been there, this long white car pulls up with tinted windows pulls up and stops in front of me. I'm thinking, this is weird, but maybe he's lost and needs directions. So the guy -- a small middle-aged guy with an older woman in the passenger seat next to him -- looks at me and says,

"What are you doing here? Don't you know this is private property?"

And I say "Is it your property?"

And he says, "As a matter of fact, it is my property."

"Oh," I said, "I'm a teacher at the school here and I just brought my girls and their scooters to play."

"Oh," he replied. "That's okay." And he starts to drive off.

"Wait!" I said. "Can I take a picture of your car?"

He shrugs his shoulders. "Sure."

And I did. And this (below) is what he was driving:

Before he drove away I said, "So what is this?" (pointing to the car)

"It is what it is," he said, shrugging again.

And then he drove the car away to a small garage where he parked it and swapped it for a gray SUV.

And no, I still have no idea what happened.

See more pix below. If you can explain it, will you let me know?

4 comments:

Sue Anne said...

Thanks, Steve. This cracked me up and gave me a good laugh! Very weird. haha

Marsosudiro said...

yup - people are weird.

what prompted you to ask about his ownership before you commented on yours?

i think that i've seen that thing parked at a house in hillsborough, near the public library.

Steve Jones said...

Someone told me today that the woman is the building owner and that the man is her son ... and that the car is the original from the movie! No idea about that, but that's what I heard.

And Phil, my mother would just say that I was born that way. :-) I wasn't trying to be difficult, I just wanted to know why he had thought he had the right to ask. And I like finding out the situation before talking -- "what's it to you, buddy?" so to speak.

Anonymous said...

Another sighting and a bit of history:

http://hendrickdurham.blogspot.com/2009/01/who-you-gonna-call.html

Interesting...