Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Finished!



Hurray for me. Last night I finished my last class for my last class for my master's in liberal studies at UNCG. It's been a very good program and I'd highly recommend it to anyone seeking to get more education, whether for a job or just for lifelong learning. While somewhat inconsistent, the classes overall were very interesting and challenging and the professors (all real UNCG professors) were top-rate. The topics included modern world history, Latin America, Islam and more, but my favorite ones were taught by Charlie Headington on simple living and Slow Food.

Most of my classes were online and again I'd recommend that as well. It allows for enormous flexibility and allowed me to complete my degree while working full-time. Now I'm off to buy some Spartan merchandise. I'll celebrate fully in August when the degree comes in the mail.

2 comments:

allison said...

congratulations, steve! i don't know how you worked on a degree, a job, husbanding, and parenting all at the same time. it's inspiring...well done!

Steve Jones said...

Thanks! It was a little tricky at times but it's all good now. :-)